Before discussing how to make Cannabutter, one must know what is cannabutter? Are you feeling confused by hearing this name? Cannabutter, as the name suggests, is the normal butter in which cannabis is infused. You know, marijuana is available to you in several forms, cannabis edibles and Cannabutter are one of them. Cannabutter is used to make cannabis edibles. Cannabutter can be made at home or you can get it from medical marijuana dispensaries. People use cannabutter for several purposes like for making baked items. Researchers have believed that cannabutter is much preferable to use than ordinary butter because it can give a lot of benefits.
How cannabutter is easy to use?
Cannabutter allows you to make your own cannabis-infused recipes and cannabis edibles. Here we are going to discuss each and everything about cannabutter, it’s making and uses. If you wish to know how to make cannabutter by staying at home, keep on reading the article. Anyone worried about the smoke caused by marijuana can learn more about cannabutter because cannabutter is safe from all such side-effects and can give you a better experience of using it when you will try several cannabutter recipes.
What are the benefits of cannabutter?
Cannabis edibles sometimes give more benefit than the other forms of marijuana that most people consume. Let us have a closer look at how taking cannabutter can benefit you.
o Foods that are made from cannabutter are ideal and shows the great and positive long-term effects
o When the cannabutter will be taken, it will usually take less time to digest
o The cannabis edibles will start showing its effects in 4-12 hours. How much time it will take to show the effects depend on your body weight, your metabolic rate and the amount of THC included in the cannabutter you have taken.
o Taking the cannabutter will expose your lungs and will give you enough stamina to fight against potential toxins.
o Cannabutter will not show the adverse effects of smoking marijuana has. Its consumption is safer for human and can give much health benefits.
o When you will ingest the cannabutter, it will be delivered in the bloodstream and will act as a carrier for the cannabinoids and other compounds. You can get a lot of benefits from cannabutter but how much benefit you will get depends on the concentration of THC in the particular cannabutter you are going to consume.
How to Make Cannabutter?
After knowing many benefits that cannabutter can give, people usually get interested to know how to make cannabutter? Remember! Making your own cannabutter is not rocket science; you just need to follow some simple steps if you are interested to make cannabutter. Listen! You just need to have 3-4 spare hours to complete the whole process. So, you should make sure before starting either you will have enough time to manage or not.
Step by step guidance
Decarboxylate your marijuana flower is the first step you need to do for getting started. It is usually the heating process that is used to activate the marijuana. Sometimes you can also do Decarboxylation through an infusion. Let us move forward with the step by step guidance. Keep in mind! The quantity of butter and cannabis edibles can vary. You should take the amount that will be appropriate according to your needs.
Ingredients to take:
1. The amount of decarboxylated marijuana flower will be ½ or 1 ounce
2. Take unsalted butter of 1 pound
3. Take 4 cups of water
Step by step procedure to make cannabutter
1. Cut the available butter in smaller pieces
2. Take a saucepan. Mix marijuana flower, butter, and water in it. Start cooking on low heat. The heating process will continue to 3-4 hours. You can adjust the heat according to your requirements. Heat should be so low so, the material should not burn
3. After every 30 minutes, you just need to stir cannabutter with the help of a metal spoon. The water will start to evaporate and the mixture will become thicker with time.
4. Keep on watching the mixture. When the mixture appears too thick and glossy, it means most of the water has evaporated.
5. Remove the saucepan from the flame and allow it to cool. You will see the number of cannabinoids will be infused in butter after cooling
6. When the mixture cools down. Pour it in the colander or strainer that already contains a double layer of cheesecloth. The spatula will be better to adjust the position of cannabutter within the container
7. Discard the cannabis caught in the cheesecloth.
8. Utilize the spatula to scratch any lingering spread left in the dish into the compartment. Secure the compartment’s top immovably and place the holder of cannabutter into the fridge for in any event 2 hours to allow it to cement.
We are not saying, this is the only recipe used to make cannabutter. There is a number of recipes online. We have tried our best to inform you of the best recipe that usually takes less time to make cannabutter. Moreover, you will get a high quality of cannabutter when you will cook it on a lower flame for a couple of hours. In short, if you don’t wish to compromise on quality, this recipe is best to follow. Other recipes may be quicker but they can’t guarantee high quality.
Bottom line: is cannabutter safe to use?
Yes! Cannabutter can give a lot of benefits. Now, people have discovered many recipes in which they use cannabutter. But keep in mind! You should never make those mistakes while cooking cannabutter that may cause harmful effects. Throwing ground cannabis straight in the slow-cooker is the common mistake that most of us make. If you wish to get all the benefits of using cannabutter, you must be aware of all the mistakes you must avoid. Similarly, you must know the accurate temperature to cook it otherwise; you will be responsible for the tasteless flavor.